The Oakland Raiders wrapped up their 2014 offseason Thursday afternoon. The nine-week program, which began in March, included three phases: strength and conditioning, field work, and Organized Team Activities with a week of Mini-Camp.
While the team had only a month to take the playbook onto the field, the players are happy with the work they were able to accomplish. “There’s never enough time to get everything you want in, but I feel like we were sufficient and efficient in the use of our time, as a group on the field and in the meeting rooms, and away from football, getting to know guys, developing that chemistry within the team,” said Schaub. “I feel very comfortable with where we’re at heading into the summer break.”
The five weeks off allow the players time to refresh mentally and physically. When training camp begins, it will be a day-in and day-out grind of meetings, practices, and walk-throughs. It will be the first time the players will put on their pads and play in live-game situations.
Here’s what you may have missed this offseason:
Mini-Camp Recap Day 3
Mini-Camp Recap Day 2
Mini-Camp Recap Day 1
Photos – Mini-Camps
Photos - Organized Team Activities
With the offseason program over and we wait for football to start up again, here’s what you can expect on Raiders.com…
- Fast Facts every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- A Player Feature on Mondays.
- Player Profile each Tuesday.
- Look for Raider Nation on Vacation on Tuesdays, Raider Nation - The Next Generation on Wednesdays, Raider Nation – The Pet Delegation on Thursdays and Raiders Rides on Fridays.
- Top 10 lists on Tuesdays.
- A weekly What’s Trending article from John Lund.
- News and information as it happens.